275 g (10 oz) plain flour
100 g (4 oz) raspberries
200g (7 oz) icing sugar, sifted
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl then stir in the sugar.
2. Mix the melted butter, yogurt, eggs and vanilla together in a separate bowl until smooth then beat into the dry ingredients until creamy.
3. Spoon into a large piping bag and pipe or spoon 40, 4 cm (1 ½ inch) wide, domed circles on to three baking sheets lined with non-stick baking paper. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
4. Bake in batches at 180°C / 350°F / Gas mark 4 for 10-12 minutes until golden and crisp to the touch. Leave to cool on the paper on a wire rack.
5. To make the filling, puree the raspberries in a liquidiser or food processor then press through a sieve and discard the seeds. Beat the butter and half the icing sugar together until soft. Gradually beat in alternate spoonfuls of raspberry puree and the remaining icing sugar until smooth.
6. Sandwich the whoopies together in pairs with a spoonful of the raspberry buttercream.
7. For the icing, sift the icing sugar into a bowl then gradually mix in enough water to make a smooth icing that can be spread. Spoon a little on to the top of each whoopee then spread over the tops with a knife. Decorate with fresh raspberries and sugar sprinkles, slices of mini marshmallow, or sugar flowers. Leave to set for 15 minutes then arrange on a serving plate.
Recipes on behalf of www.seasonalberries.co.uk